Measurement range: 0.01 to 99 ohms, auto-ranging
Peak probe-tip voltage @ full scale: 100mV
Update speed: 4 readings/second
Power supply: Internal 9V alkaline battery or external 9V DC
Controls: Single push button for power on/off and zero
Designed by Bob Parker and produced by Alltronics/Anatek in the USA
BLUE ESR Meter (Mark III) Features (same as Dick Smith K7204 Mark I & K-7214 Mark II now obsolete, some parts available though)
* Tests electrolytics in-circuit <100mV test voltage, & test leads are non-polarized
* Auto-ranging to cover 0.01 - 99 ohms
* Single pushbutton to easily control all functions
* Test lead resistance zeroing compensation
* Automatic power off when reading is unchanged for 3 minutes
* Low battery voltage warning ('b' flashes on right-hand digit)
* Big, easy to read BLUE 0.5 inch (13mm) LED displays
* Table of typical good capacitor ESR readings on the front panel
* Built-in self test to aid in troubleshooting
* Tests electrolytics in circuit, & test leads are non-polarized.
* 9-Volt battery is included.
* Note: Potentiometers are labelled as follows, 201 = 200 Ohms (200R), 103 = 10K Ohms (10,000R).
The assembled meter leads have banana plugs for the included pair of simple slide-on alligator clips. You may wish to purchase the banana-socket probes aligator, or Parrot clips, stand...
Note that the photograph shows the optional Aligator Clips, the actual clips included with this kit are simpler...