Measurement range: 0.01 to 99 ohms, auto-ranging
Peak probe-tip voltage @ full scale: 100mV
Update speed: 4 readings/second
Power supply: Internal 9V alkaline battery or external 9V DC
Controls: Single push button for power on/off and zero
Designed by Bob Parker and produced by Alltronics/Anatek in the USA
BLUE ESR Meter (Mark III) Features (same as Dick Smith K7204 Mark I & K-7214 Mark II now obsolete, some parts available though)
* Tests electrolytics in-circuit <100mV test voltage, & test leads are non-polarized
* Auto-ranging to cover 0.01 - 99 ohms
* Single pushbutton to easily control all functions
* Test lead resistance zeroing compensation
* Automatic power off when reading is unchanged for 3 minutes
* Low battery voltage warning ('b' flashes on right-hand digit)
* Big, easy to read 0.5 inch (13mm) LED displays
* Table of typical good capacitor ESR readings on the front panel
* Built-in self test to aid in troubleshooting kit assembly
* Tests electrolytics in circuit, & test leads are non-polarized.
* 9-Volt battery is not included.
* Note: Potentiometers are labelled as follows, 201 = 200 Ohms (200R), 103 = 10K Ohms (10,000R).
* The first picture shows the kit appearance after you have assembled it... Kit contains all hardware and components, except for pairs of banana-plug connector style probes and/or alligator clips - see below to order these! The kit does come with a pair of very basic bannana-plug alligator clips (see picture) if you do not wish to purchase the banana-plug probes and/or clips. We recommend the Red Test Lead Probes, Red Alligator Clips, and/or Parrot Clips along with the included simple simple jaw clips. Note the photograph shows the small inexpensive included clips - very basic.
We recommend the Parrot Clips in 2, 3, or 4mm width jaws. These are great for grabbing axial lead capacitors and other items around the shop.
So, you have more questions about the kit? FAQ, calibration, and history? Try this link... for help (opens a separate page).